RCU Forums - View Single Post - THX CLARK CO. RC'rs PLEASE READ UP-DATED 7/14/02
Old 07-05-2002, 09:43 PM
Buz^
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THX CLARK CO. RC'rs PLEASE READ UP-DATED 7/14/02

7/5/02 Got my first flight jitter's over with today.Many thx to Dave, Greg, my instructor's & Clay for being so cool.This has been a long time coming, 3 years.Cub checked out, radio gear checked out. Oh crapp!! That leaves me, I'm not sure I checked out OK but Dave was willing to take a chance on me anyhoo.He flew the maiden,the OS 40 4st. purred like a kitten, no ail. or rudder trim needed,only down ele. That was corrected on the bench between flights. I built it and it had no bad habit's was almost enough for me. After a refuel and minor adjustment's Dave ask's, you ready to go, yeap!! I say. Up to the runway i go, with the help of my wife, & a couple of the old timer's (club regulars) Small rise from the pit's to the runway.Cub went airborne in a short roll-out (pretty strong headwind) At altitude it was mine, now guy's , it's been 22 years since I've flown rc. What a thrill, got to fly several circuits, but was too windy for an approach try by me.Next time tho. look out.In case you think for a 48 year old man I'm over reacting. Keep this in mind. Remember all the help I said was given me to get to the runway. I'm a quad. of 3 1/2 years now and never thought I'd ever get a chance to leave my bed , let alone fly rc. RC'ers, Hummm, great bunch of guy's in my book. Until next time , thx Dave and the Clark co. rc'ers
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	16737_4849.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	10727