RCU Forums - View Single Post - THX CLARK CO. RC'rs PLEASE READ UP-DATED 7/14/02
Old 07-06-2002, 02:38 AM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default THX CLARK CO. RC'rs PLEASE READ UP-DATED 7/14/02

The Dave and Greg that Buz mentions would be my son and I. I would first state that the Great Planes Cub is a dream to fly. It has no funnies about it and with the 40 4 stroker it just cruises along. As Buz stated, it needed a shade of elevator trim and it was good to go. Slow flight is great and the controls remain constant through out the full range of speed. I would highly recommend this plane to any new comer to the sport.

Now having said that, I will state the real reason that I am responding to this post. I have been in RC for 30 + years and I have been an instructor for at least half that time. I have taught my son how to fly and at the age of 10 and 1/2 he has been soloed for over a year now. I thought that watching my son solo was the best thing I could have ever seen in RC, however I was wrong. After landing the Cub with Buz on the buddy box, I turned and looked at Buz and he was literally glowing having just accomplished what he had done. I have not known Buz but for a few months, however he showed all of us today at the field that anything can be accomplished if you put your mind to it and damn the obstacle's. Buz, I tip my hat to you, and look forward to teaching you to fly again, but above all that, I am proud to be your friend. You are indeed an inspiration to us all. Dave and Greg.