RCU Forums - View Single Post - What's the minimum amount of torque that can be used for aileron direct drive?
Old 06-01-2004, 02:22 PM
jzinckgra
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What's the minimum amount of torque that can be used for aileron direct drive?

I'm having second thoughts about the HS81 servos. In talking to a guy at the field yesterday, he thinks I better play it safe and use the 3004 standard servo in each wing panel. He told me to move the servo arm on the 3004 versus the hs81 and there would be a noticeable difference in the amount of resistance from the 3004. Sure enough there was more resistance. The T28 will have a 65" ws and will weigh ~6-7lbs. Plus, the sizo of the gears on the 3004 is much beefier and less prone to stripping. I could go to a micro size digital servo, but they are twice the $$$ and weigh the same as a std. servo, so I figured I'd save some $$ and just stick with the 3004. So, after all this, does anyone still think I could get away with the hs81? The only reason I ask is cause I have already cut the sheeting and mounted the servo rails to fit the 81's. So, it'll be a little bit of work if I have to modify the wing again to fit the 3004's, but no big deal. Thanks.