RCU Forums - View Single Post - 29% Katana-S ARF---Aeroworks!!!
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2004, 09:16 PM
ilrcflyboy
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 29% Katana-S ARF---Aeroworks!!!

The Katana arrived at the house today, and as I expected there were three foamies from 3dfoamy.com and an Extreme Flight RC Profile Edge that accompanied it. My apologies to Levi at 3dfoamy and Chris at Extreme Flight R/C for your airplanes taking a back seat to this absolutely GORGEOUS airplane.

Arrived in three boxes-
1. Fuselage, horizontal, vertical, elevator halves, rudder, wing and stab tubes and landing gear
2. Wings, instruction manual
3. Cowl, Canopy, Hardware package that I purchased for it.

Everything arrived in PERFECT shape. Some initial thoughts.....

Aeroworks outdid themselves designing an airplane that was extremely light for its size. Everything has lightening holes in it, all the way to the back of the hatch. In the following pictures you'll see what I'm talking about.

Throw away the CA hinges. If you bought the hardware kit, you got the 1/4 scale dubro pinned hinges. These might be interesting to work with, but I'm still considering them or the robarts. We'll see. Robarts will be easier to install, but with a hinge slotter and a bigger blade I can go into the existing holes.

The manual looks good. I thumbed through it but needed to get everything out of its bag and onto the plane for the pictures.

Overall, an awesome looking airplane, as you'll see from the following. (Ignore the mess). Oh, and prepare yourself for boxes everywhere since the shipping boxes are double-boxed.