RCU Forums - View Single Post - Miss Bud Servo Problem
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2004, 12:33 PM
kwiktsi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Miss Bud Servo Problem

Yeah, I figured with the auto bailers, it wasn't *as* big of an issue. My problem was the boat would get water in it, I would turn it over to dump it out and it would run into the radio box around the top edges. The little pinholes would not be a problem unless the boat was submerged, but I wanted to seal it off as a radio box should be the only 100% dry place on a boat .. If you pull the motor and such and fill it up, I'll bet yours is doing the same thing too. Like I said, the autobailers save you from problems during normal use, but if something happens and you flip, sink, etc. it is nice knowing the electronics will be safe. The Antenna I got has a threaded base with a nut on the inside, I had to grind one side of the nut down since it was tight against the radio box. I used that with a small grommet around the base to seal it agains the hull then the top of the antenna has a rubber cap on it, so even if the boat sinks, it will not let water in through the antenna mast either. This is the same setup I used to run in my nitro boats back in the day too.

I have the zip ties on my coupler- thanks .. Did you get my PM about the turning issues?
Joe
ORIGINAL: Fred Drew

Congrats Joe,
I will spend a little extra effort on my boots too, thanks. I will check my electronics boxes for holes too. I haven't been too worried because the auto bailers literally suck the water out when running which reduces the problem. But keeping all water out of control box seemed impossible but I will try again. The nylon ties on either side of the nylon exhaust coupling will save you anguish. Once the coupling warms up and used it gets soft and splits and flies off.

Happy boating.