RCU Forums - View Single Post - Prince gets storm tested! (pics)
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2004, 12:23 PM
hoghappy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Prince gets storm tested! (pics)

You taken any water below deck? The amount I had would have shorted out the electronics had I left them turned on. The rudder harness velcro came unstuck from the bottom of the deck...I have glued it on now. The harness extension connector was laying in water. I was surprized I didn't short the battery leads as they are almost touching the servo deck, and it was wet. I did notice the yardarm was turned to it's max as if the servo had received a spike even though the reciever was turned off. I will sail with that servo unplugged when not using the squares from now on. I sure am glad I had already removed the squares just before the storm blew in...it would have been a lot harder to tack to shore and I could have had a disaster. I do think I will replace the sheet polypro tubes on the fore sail with some taller ones...at least to the same height as the bottom of the gunports. The scuppers could not keep up with the rain on my ship. I wonder how much weight a bilge and sensor would add. I could replace the pound of weight aft with one if I can mount it there. My main concern would be where to place the discharge hole and how bad it would look.