RCU Forums - View Single Post - BEST 3D PLANE FOR 2004
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2004, 09:15 PM
Kris^
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BEST 3D PLANE FOR 2004

I'm sorry. . I've looked at all the responses, but they just aren't quite as good as my 28 lbs 40% Composite-ARF Extra 330 powered by a BME110X on canisters. I have yet to see anything out there near it's size (lets say over 100") that can fly as slow, as precisely, as radically, or as crazy, as this plane will. Even those Yaks that everyone raves about can't get near it. I was doing harrier passes the other day, with the spoilerons cranked up at about 20 degrees. . not only did it putt along at 5 mph and 30 degrees nose up, the slots in the ailerons whistled the entire time, and it had zero wing rock and was as steady and controllable as if it was doing 40 mph. The upright slow-spin elevator was the same way, totally locked in.

Then crank in some throttle and do 15' square loops with zero tip dropout, or even 15' tail-chasing loops in place that never lose altitude or become unstable or slow down. Not talking waterfalls here. . real. . flying . . . loops. The plane will do "S" turn climbs and never slow down, just pull, push, pull, push, on up and up and up. Then come down the same way. It happens almost as fast as you can say it.

I'm sorry, you get the weight down that low, it's just unbeatable.

One other mention. .for the 1/4 scale sized planes don't forget the 80" "Frenzy" that debuted at Joe Nall this year. With the BME50 on the nose, I really don't think ANY other 72-90' plane can touch it. Soon to be out in kit and ARF forms in full-fuselage and profile versions.