RCU Forums - View Single Post - GP Super Stearman
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2004, 03:07 PM
catspaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GP Super Stearman

yes, I'm slavingthe 2 wing servos for the upper ailerons. I had to compromise. The lower ailerons are about the low rate throw, and the uppers are between high and low rates (which aint much!).

Also had the first 2 flights on it Saturday.

This saito 150 was a HECK of a lot easier than the old one to get started and keep running! I ran the first 10 minutes under 4K rpm as the manual stated. I thought I was at the 5 turns out, but it was actually 5.75 turns out! After the first ten minutes, I started changing the needle, etc, topping about 9.2K with a 16x8 APC.

It idled and transitioned just great at that setting, so I left it. Ran it maybe 10 more minutes.
Then took it out to fly. First flight was just great, no bad tendencies. Engine ran without any tweaking, but was rich enough to leave a nice smoke trail!

I leaned the engine a bit, but didn't seem to change the RPM either way much. Put on a second flight, but overran the runway on landing and went into the weeds, which knocked the wheelpants screws loose and ended flying for the day.

John