RCU Forums - View Single Post - P-200/Kingcat .... MY Airplane
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2004, 05:30 PM
Tom Antlfinger
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: P-200/Kingcat .... MY Airplane

Gordon, c'mon now.......let's not, so to say, mix metaphors here for the sake of debate........You should not talk about AMA rules without putting it into the framework of AMA insurance......

As David has said, Manufacturers are NOT covered by AMA insurance....that's a given......they must carry their own expensive liability insurance.....if they injure someone during Product Test, they don't expose the AMA directly to a claim as does the Regular AMA member who chooses to violate the safety code either at a club maintained field or his buddy's private field when the plane uncontrollably flies off at 250, heading for downtown in Somewhere, New Jersey.....

Actually, both of the KC/200 threads spout nothing more than allot of theoreticals, IMO...Neither David, nor Scott really had enough flights on their planes before the engine and plane/engine died....definitely not enough to convince me one way or the other......No one, especially BV wants injury-producing crashes, but after doing allot of giggle posts with Wojtek the past few days, it's his personality that irritates most people, not his demonstrated incompetent or illegal operation of a KC/200.....that eggs people to turn on the flame and burn his butt......but probably best to leave him out of the debate......I prefer the libertarian devil's advocate debate format myself......watched too much George Carlin as a child, I guess.....

And remember, let's not take ourselves too seriously.....we probably don't deserve it...