RCU Forums - View Single Post - Reflex XTR - Give opinions
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2004, 10:53 PM
N2raptor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Reflex XTR - Give opinions

It's awesome!! I flew it at a show and the darn thing looks like you're watching a video even though you're doing the flying!!! It's unreal! From what they said, the flying fields look real because they are actual real fields and the models were actually photographed every which way, so you're flying a real model at a real field. Even the shadows and lighting change just like it really does. I don't know how MRC or their software guys did it, but it makes G2's graphics and flight dynamics look like a cartoon.
They had it running on a Pentium 4 Dell laptop, but the MRC guy said it's got to have Pentium 4, a minimum of 256 meg of Ram and minimum of 32 megs of video, but 64 megs and up will insure no glitches. I'm gonna wait 'till my dealer gets it in and then I'll retire my G2.
I'm not a plane guy, but was 3Ding the Raptor V2 heli. I won't try it with my "real" Raptor. It's expensive when it crashes. Jeff Green (from MRC) was doing the demo, and I watched him hover a 3D plane a few inches off the ground. Nobody can believe the graphics or the flight characteristics, even though you're standing there or flying it yourself. I like the idea of being able to use my Futaba 8U instead of an awkward interface box or a "pretend" transmitter.
I just went to MRC's web site and they have the XTR link and screen shots, etc on the home page. It's www.modelrectifier.com.
I just noticed the time....I knew I was getting tired.

N2Raptor[8D]