RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jet crash video
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2004, 03:54 AM
photoniq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jet crash video

That writer would think he had died and gone to Heaven if he were to visit my club. What in the world was he thinking when he wrote that? The smallest gasser at my club would be outlawed just about everywhere in Europe. I read the other day where an OS .46 FX violated the noise rule by 3 dB in Europe. I forget the country now, but can you imagine not being able to fly your FX?

Sorry to vent, but I know that comment was uncalled for.
that was me who failed the noise test Standard FX - standard pipe - even have a silicon exhaust deflector on Noise limit is 80db measured only a few metres away. Also we can only have 3 planes in the air at any given time due to noise restrictions!

We can only fly on Sundays, we don't have ANY amenities at our field which is basically a farmers field with a runway mowed in the middle by one of the members, and when it's wet we have to walk absolutely ages to get to the flightline because we dont want to mess up the farmers field with ruts left behind by our cars. And we LOVE it - because it's the best we can get in our area. You have really hit the nail on the head with your post. When I see some of the runways etc in posts on this forum I am really quite jealous On top of that we have CRAP weather too (it's grey and windy today) and it's the middle of summer!

Some people don't know they were born

photoniq