RCU Forums - View Single Post - SAE Aerodesign pics & discussion
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2004, 09:51 AM
Johng
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SAE Aerodesign pics & discussion

As the field marshal for the east event, I can understand why they weren't allowed to try again. Although it's not spelled out in the rules, I have always ruled that once a plane leaves the ground, it's official attempt has started. Even if it just hops up a foot, it's a flight, and you are done. Not calling it that way opens up a can of worms. Once a team is allowed to do this, what's the difference between that and flying a full flight pattern and missing the landing zone? Should that team be allowed to reset and go agaiin, as long as they still are within their time? It's not in the rules, so it can go either way as long as the local officating is consistent. To me, as someone trying to keep the contest running and get as many flight rounds as possible - I would say that once you have been in the air, you've had your fair chance.

Anyway, I'm sure Cedarville has plenty to be proud of. I hope the team members that remain eligible will get to work and come up with another contender next year.

ANybody else with pics from the west?