RCU Forums - View Single Post - What is the perfect size profile ?
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2004, 10:34 AM
Terror Dactyl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is the perfect size profile ?

I have an Aeroworks 300L and see that, as of this post, I am in the majority group as we are two out of five votes[8D] for 80".

I know that a few folks will not want to accept that this is good, but the bigger they are the easier they fly is true.

Another thing that might be hard to believe is that it is powered with a FLAWLESS MDS 218. I know there are a bunch of people that remember the early carbs and I guess there is some reason for concern. I have had this motor for quite a while (early issue) and except for a little roughness around the throttle barrel guide slot (yes I filed it clean like suggested in RC Report) there has been no problem and it started on the first flip.

I know that some are worried about a big glow burner for the fuel cost. This motor used three ounces a minute at full throttle, but in this setup this is not a problem as a ten minute flight is right at 10 ounces since the power to weight is good enough that I am below half throttle most of the time and the MDS has a very good transition.

BTW I carry this bird in a Chey Lumina sedan so unless you have a very small car think about a bigger bird when you make the wing removable (not hard at all).