RCU Forums - View Single Post - LITTLE RIPPER
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2004, 04:22 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Default LITTLE RIPPER

Hi everybody! My SONs' home coming from IRAQ is over, and he has gone back to FT HOOD to return to reality. All we did while he was here for the month of JUNE was fly combat, with a little bit of "speed" thrown in during intermissions. We tallied over 1200 minutes of combat time [each] and had about 12 injuries that needed critical care back at the ICU,[workshop] otherwise we were able to handle minor damage at the field. At one point we went 160 combat minutes without any kind of a collision. After all this there aren't any planes that ended up in the burn barrel, but after so many repairs some have gotten a little obese. The plane that I am showing here we call the LITTLE RIPPER. It has the fewest pieces of the conventional planes[ vs flying wings] that I have come up with. Depending on choice of equipment and wood, these come out weighing between 10 -12 ozs RTF. They are more forgiving than the flying wings, and will fly better after receiving severe damage, and a less than perfect field repair. If any of you guys are interested in the basic dimensions, there is a thread about 061 COMBAT already started in the combat forum.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw69085.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	147951