Thread: Water cannon
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2004, 05:44 PM
subsinker
My Feedback: (61)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Water cannon

Hello,

All good options. Another option that no-one has mentioned yet is to use a fuel pump for glow fuel. I used one on a Midwest Patriot Fireboat and together with a simple on-off ESC worked quite well. It was able to squirt water thru 2 cannons, more properly called "monitors" without any trouble. I feel that I did have to use a separate battery pack as to not deplete the main drive battery so quick. If you do opt to go for this you may want to consider using a six volt model instead of the more popular 12 volt simply as it is less cells. Another interesting option, and I have yet to try it is to use a Sullivan Pro series Smoke Writer pump. They are made for R/C airplanes for pumping smoke fluid into the exhaust to create smoke. These little pumps are essentially fuel pumps that are contained with battery. You simply plug them into a spare receiver channel and you would be able to turn them on and off as well as adjust the flow from your transmitter. The downside I can see to them is the cost (about $125-$150.00) but they do look promising. I am currently scratch building another fireboat and have purchased one of these units for trials. I will post an update after I get her to sea and give the pump a workout.

Best regards,
Pete Olson

There are two types of ships: submarines and targets