RCU Forums - View Single Post - Build your own PBF (Pizza Box Flyer, Flying Pizza Box)
Old 07-03-2004, 05:13 AM
SirKnight
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Build your own PBF (Pizza Box Flyer, Flying Pizza Box)

I've built several PBFs out of coro and had a ball with them. But lately I've been flying foamies and my PBF was just sitting in the corner started looking at it. In a few minutes I grabbed a peice of 6mm Depon foam and started wacking on it. This is what I ended up with.

24" sq. PBF I used a 4mm CF tubing on the leading edge and one at the hing line CA and clear vinyl tape. Used 3/8" sq. spruce for the center spar CA to the foam and motor mount. Vert stab was CA to the foam and then I drilled a 4mm hole to threw the top of the foam in to the 3/8" spar CA and taped the 1/8" CF tubing to the front leaing edge of the rudder. I doubled out the nose peice. It came out weighing 14 OZ. with the 1200 mil battery. Used a Mini AC215/16 Brushless motor geared 6.60 to 1, swinging a APC 12x6 prop. motor is off set 2 degrees for thrust. 3ea HS-55 servos, .070 CF rods thin CA to nylon clevises stiffer than 4-40 metal rods. Took the cover of of my 7ch RX weighed less than a half of an OZ!

It flies just like my 40 powered PBF but better much easyer to hover and you can fly it OOOOHHHHH so slow it just floats when you power back!

[img][/img]
[img][/img]