RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bobcat Twin-60 Maiden Flight
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2004, 12:00 PM
ehfleming
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bobcat Twin-60 Maiden Flight

Finally, the rain held off long enough to get to the field, unpack, set up, fuel up, and start up the engines. I taxied her up and down the runway a few times, to see if a trail of nuts and bolts were being laid. The ground handling was fine. Not one truant nut or bolt could be found on the ground. I was out of excuses. I took her to the end of the runway, pointed her straight, and powered up. She tracked straight down the strip at full throttle. I gave a gentle up elevator to encourage the nose up. She complied. Lift-off was smooth, the balance of the flight was fairly routine, she was more aileron responsive than I expected. I'll need a longer flight to check out the aerobatics. Lined her up for the landing and brought her in, a little faster than needed, without flaps. Wasn't my best landing, I bounced her and managed to knick one of the props on the strip. All-in-all, a good first flight. Next flight will check out the retracts and flaps. But the weather is coming in and I need time to pack up. A couple of minor tweaks and I'll fly her again in a few days. [8D]