RCU Forums - View Single Post - GSP Spitfire ARF build
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2004, 07:00 AM
hgiles
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GSP Spitfire ARF build

Ran into some other projects around the house that required my attention. Haven't had time to do much to the Spitfire other than paint on some invasion stripes. I put a set on the tail end of the fuselage and I put a set on the bottom side only of each wing. I will probably paint some yellow on the leading edge of the wings too -- just to make it more distinctive.

The review of the plane here on RCU has a YS 91 FS in the plane I believe he says he wouldn't hesitate to use any .91 FS. My THunder TIger should be about as strong as a Saito 100, so I am hoping it is enough. It is what I have so, it is what I will use, unless something else falls into my lap. I have a Brison 2.4 and a Saito .56 sitting in boxes, and I thought the TT the better of my choices.

I have a set of Spring Air 103HD pneum retracts to go in it, but may opt for the fixed gear for now, until after the maiden... Going to replace the nylon clevises with some steel ones from GP. The control horns will hopefully be just fine.