View Single Post
Old 07-08-2004, 03:31 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 3-line fuel system set-up

ORIGINAL: Richard L.

ORIGINAL: jaka

Filling the tank on a airplane with a cowl were you can't get to the carb requiers a fourth fuel line and this just goes into the tank. This fourth line is plugged when your are running the engine..often this line is hanging under the cowl..plugged by a 3mm screw. The owerflow line is also hanging beside it ...it is also plugged by a 3mm screw when flying/running the engine
You fill the tank with the engine at idle ...that way no fuel is going to the carb...flooding the engine!
Forget T-fittings and fuel-dots...get rid of all the things that can make you crasch!!! Keep it Simple!!
There is no need for a fourth fuel line when filling the tank on an airplane with a cowl. Keep it Simple!!!

All my planes have cowl, and for those planes using YS engines, I only have two lines coming out of the cowl, capped by two fuel dots. T-fittings on YS engines make life simple. On planes using other types of engines, I have a third line coming out of the tank for fueling and defueling. Again, no fourth line is needed.
Same here. I use what Richard uses for YS. I use the 2nd clunk to fuel dot for Saitos and 2-strokes.