RCU Forums - View Single Post - Have YOU ever shot someone else down?
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2004, 04:05 AM
biscuitslayer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Have YOU ever shot someone else down?

My personal oppinion is that if you spend $1000's on a RC jet powered plane, you should get the entire airfield with some special considerations. I have seen videos of those things, and I can't imagine trying to keep a plane or heli in the air with one of those things breaking the sound barrier above my head. I wouldn't nessecarily agree that they aren't toys though. They are sophisticated flying machines that you wouldn't just hand over to a 7 year old albeit they are toys in a sense. I am not an AMA member and I don't go to a club, but if I was around someone that had an aircraft that was worth $1000's of dollars, I am not going to be flying my $300 Piper Cub until they are on the ground with all power to their bird and TX in the off posisitions.

I have never shot anyone down and no one has ever shot me down (probably because I don't belong to a club), but I wouldn't really be angry if someone made an honest (and stupid) mistake and then turned around and offered to give me money for their lesson.

Have to tell you guys though. Some of the storys that I am reading keep me laughing into the long hours of the night. The other thing is that I am learning from everyone else's mistakes. This has been an excellent thread Falcon. Hats off to you bother.