RCU Forums - View Single Post - GSP Spitfire ARF build
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2004, 12:58 PM
butlern
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: GSP Spitfire ARF build

Travis,

I don't have a balancing assist stand, I just make crude checks with my fingers supporting the inverted plane, positioned on the wing adjacent to the fuselage.

With this plane, I made two pencil lines on the wing at the root, one at 120 mm and one at 130 mm. I placed my fingers in between the lines and held up the plane (gear up). It balanced very, very slightly nose down. There's no way that this method can accurately discern between 122, 125, or 129 mm. All I really know is that the balance is within the recommended range. And as I mentioned earlier, it flys a little tail heavy. Based on how mine flys, I would recommend 120 mm, or maybe even a little farther forward.

I rather like the way mine flys at the moment. If I didn't have the ability to use an exponential function on the elevator, I would probably not like it so much and I would have moved it a long time ago. Nonetheless, I think that I will definitely experiment with battery placement in order to find out where it flys best. You never know until you try!

Where is your's balanced?

Noah