RCU Forums - View Single Post - Mode change, old Airtronics
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2004, 09:16 PM
ghendrix01
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Mode change, old Airtronics

Dave,

You need to swap the wires from the elevator and throttle gimbal pots. There are three wires from each pot. Just unsolder them and move to the other pot and resolder. Pay attention to the order and solder them to the correct locations. This will complete the change of location of the controls.

You also need to look and see if the throttle gimble (right stick in Mode 1) has limited travel verses the elevator gimbal. The Futaba transmitters that I own have less travel in the throttle stick. I don't know if Airtronics limits the travel like Futaba, but if so you will have to see what is used to limit the travel and make adjustments (move parts from the throttle gimbal to the elevator (Mode 1)) so the buddy box and the main transmitter have the same travel on the corresponding sticks. If they are different, the throttle will have more travel and that may cause problems (if the buddy box has more travel in the throttle and it is pulled back to idle, the engine may quit due to the extra travel. the elevator would have less travel on the buddy box though this may not present much of a problem).

George