RCU Forums - View Single Post - What most likely causes friction in your club?
Old 07-19-2004, 01:49 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: What most likely causes friction in your club?

In our club, it is politics and money. We moved from a grass strip to a dirt strip. Many believe we need some kind of mats on it to keep the dirt out of the engines and keep the sand from washing away and leaving just rocks that make it un-flyable. We have had to re-do the runway twice in 3 years. We have to roll it about every other month or so to keep the rocks down. Many fliers don't want to spend the $100 or so per member to put the mats down, but they don't mind spending $50 per member to roll it a couple times a year in the summer. They don't understand that the mats would fix the problem.

Other problems are guys that are not on the board that think the club is theirs, but they don't want to do anything but ***** about the way the board runs it.

I find it is easier to just fly once in a while when I feel like going there and staying out of it all. Noone is going to fix the problem, so why get into it. It would take very little actually to fix it but there are too many personalities involved and none understand the problem. Aren't clubs fun!