RCU Forums - View Single Post - delta drag
Thread: delta drag
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2002, 04:35 AM
WS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default delta drag

Originally posted by dusteater
[B]i dont care about speed in turns, as long as it can turn around without stalling im happpy, i just want max speed. we will see what evolves.
Ok, but what I'm saying is that you're gonna spend alot of time turning something that is really fast, no? You need to give yourself enough room to accelerate to top speed in straight and level. Having more speed coming out of a turn will help.

also, so if i just make it so there is the 45 degree backsweep on the diamond dust and it continues along untill it meets the trailing edge, that would be 45 degree tips, correct....
That's right, so if you drew a line from the end of the trailing edge, on a 45 up to the leading edge, you'd be cutting off some of the diamond dust's wing area (you keep the same span), giving you about 300 squares (and doubling the aspect ratio to boot!), which I think would be a good thing for flat out speed. The engine and pipe would end up back between the fins. You could also consider adding a wing fence about 1/2 semi-span, without too great of a drag penalty. In any case, please let us know how it turns out!