RCU Forums - View Single Post - Count and Identify
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2004, 07:26 AM
jchumley
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Count and Identify

I don't usually pack the van so full. I had a specific purpose this time.

1. The Profile combat Spad VII had the lower wing and all cabanes and struts replaced
2. The Caproni bomber had the teh cabane struts rebuilt and rigging wires added to the nose and re-rigging of the pull pull tail controls.
3. The Nieuport 29 profile combat plane is new and needed a maiden flight. (went well except for a stripped elevator servo on the second flight. It didn't cause any damage.)
4. The 2 albatros profile combat planes I bought from someone else and they needed test flights.
5. THe fourstar 60 (that nobody guessed) is my everyday sport plane. I always bring it to start the day with.

I also wanted to try to setup all the combat planes to fly as similarly as possible.

I admit that I put the Phaeton bipe (also no guesses) in just to see if I could squeeze in another plane. I had no plans to fly it.

I only flew the Spad, Nieuport, Fourstar and Caproni because It took awhile to get the Caproni properly setup. I really had time for one or two more flights but after flying the Caproni successfully on its third flight ever, I had had such a good day that I felt like another flight would be flaunting it in front of the flying gods. Never a good idea!

I usually take two or three planes to the field at a time.

Jeff