RCU Forums - View Single Post - Super Sporster BIPE
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2004, 08:59 PM
boss351
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Super Sporster BIPE

Update on the flights today.

I doubled the aileron throws and now it rolls fast and is very responsive. Remember I am a novice pilot with a first time Bipe. After a few laps of the field getting a feel for the responses I tried an Immelman turn, a bit sad, with the speed bled off it was hard to roll it back over right way up on the exit. Maybe having ailerons on the top wing also would help this. I am also going to check the CG again, coming in at idle the plane just wants t float for ever, the nose doesn't want to come down, infact though trimmed at speed I think at idle the nose wants to lift up. Once I landed it the runway ran out very fast, this plane needs brakes!! I am going to try some fuel tubing jammed in between the wheel lock nut and the wheel to slow their spinning down. I made two take offs, both in about 25 ft and I am sure you could do it in less, the plane was a little squirly to start with but I am getting the hang of it (the maiden flight yesterday was at the hands of a very good pilot, he told me he didn't need any rudder input for take off, I am sure he did now!).

OK, just checked the CG, 2" back from leading edge of the lower wing. So leaning towards the tail heavy end of the recomended setup. I am running a heavy hub that I was hoping to take off, I guess not now. The battery is up against the firewall and the received right behind the tank. I could move the motor forward a tad but will have to loose the front balsa, it is thin enough as it is already. Probably best to learn to fly it this way... What do you think?