RCU Forums - View Single Post - Model Aviation Cover (Corsair)
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2002, 11:55 AM
VoughtF4U
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Green Striped Corsair

The corsair on the cover has the scheme of a training squadron after WWII (if memory serves me correctly). Max Chapman's F-4U-4 Corsair is painted like this. You can see a couple of pictures of it at www.corsairgathering.com follow the photos page link, and it is in the last link at the bottom under the "more photographs" section.

The only thing that bothers me about the photo on the cover of the magazine is it shows it has the old Brewster bomb rack on it. I didn't think that style bomb rack was ever used on a post war F-4U-4 model corsair... Oh well...

Evan Quiros has/had a Byron Corsair painted like this also, but I think he is getting ready to rebuidl it into a Super Corsair. his webpage is awesome and has several pictures of it at http://www.homestead.com/evoshangar/home.html

Hopefully he won't mind me posting a link to his page. He will probably be able to add more info about the paint scheme than I can.

As for the 60 size corsairs, you basically have the top flite kit, the royal/marutaka kit from Hobby Barn, the Pica kit, or building one from Brian Taylor plans from Bob Hollman. There are also several ARFs available that are a little bigger or a little smaller.

The Pica kit is the easiest and quickest to build but isn't as scale looking, the top flite and royal are nice, but I prefer the Brian Taylor corsair for a .60 size.

Good luck and hope some of this helped. -Scott-