RCU Forums - View Single Post - Preflight saved my bacon.
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2004, 03:39 PM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Preflight saved my bacon.

I know the type BB. They could be alone at the field when they set up the plane and crashed, but it will have been something the wife or kids did at the house before he left.

Sean,
Not sure how far you are from Holden, but I fly out of Westborough which shouldn't be quite an hour drive. Hop 495 South to 290 West. Watch for the "Church Street" Northboro exit, and take it towards Northboro. (It'll be a left at the end of the ramp.

When you get into Northboro center (maybe 5 or 6 miles) you'll come to a light. Take a left, then an immediate right onto Rte 135. A couple miles down the road you'll pass a large soccer and track type park on the left.

Now it gets a little tricky. About 2 tenths of a mile beyond the park there'll be a dark brown house on the left. IMMEDIATLY sfter the house is an orange gate (also on the left). That's the entrance to our field. It's State Wildlife land.

The gate is normally locked, but if you came down for a Fun Fly it would be open. Otherwise we could arrange a time and I could meet you at the gate. (It's about a 1/2 mile walk in to the field.)

Next Fun Fly will be on September 5th (first Sunday of the month), starting at 10:00 am.
Dennis-