RCU Forums - View Single Post - Things are slowin' down....
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2004, 11:45 PM
Larry Driskill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Things are slowin' down....

ORIGINAL: DICKEYBIRD

ps: Larry Driskill flew it at this years's S.M.A.L.L. in Little Rock but I think he was too sky-high on howling r/c Lite Hawks to "like really mellow out, dude" with the DinkyBird! He was also a little paranoid....he said nobody ever stuck a transmitter in his hand before and said "here, you fly it."
Yep, I flew it. But it was far from a fair test of the plane as I had never flown anyone's RC plane, except my own. Heck, I'm a Controlline pilot dabbling in RC to grow new brain passageways and to make sure I expose myself to new challenges and develop a couple of new skills here in the second half of my alive and livin' days. The folks at home had seen me fly RC and weren't likely to hand me their transmitter and go sit in the lounge.

Thinking maybe Melton had no idea that his super little DinkyBird was at real and serious risk I thought maybe he should know his had just dropped me into uncharted territory. His was an unexpected and appreciated gesture. I'd like to fly it again when I 'm a bit better RC pilot and can do it more justice..