RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/4A Pylon Racer
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2002, 10:27 PM
matchlessaero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default answers to two questions....

I would suggest that you use the backplate mount and forget the little tankmount. I am about to change this one over to the backplate and put a tank inside. I do not remember how much the tank holds, but on a good run I can get about 2 and a half minutes out of it. Unfortunately, my tank is very used and quite old, and therefore it leaks quite often. Problem with putting the tank inside is finding one that will fit! I am either gonna make it from a cut down cigar tube, or solder a little brass sheet one together.

The fuse extending behind the tail is a byproduct of my need to find a better way to mount little v-tails. After building another little 1/4A racer with a Vtail that was crooked, I came up with a different way.
For lack of a better description- the area the v-tail mounts to is built into a perfectly square box (instead of having the fuse come to a point under the tail) with the fuselage tapering down after the box. After building and squaring the box, I then perfectly align the wing with the little box using an incidence meter (0-0degrees). Then I simply epoxy the tail into the box. By doing it this way, it makes it almost impossible to mount the tail at anything but 0 degrees incidence.
I may have built it a little too long on this one, but it sure looks cool in the air!