RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sportsman Avation - Aero Princess
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2004, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sportsman Avation - Aero Princess

I finally got mine to fly. The first few flights ended in dead sticks. My last dead stick broke the fuse pretty good. I have a well broken in Norvel .15, with an 8x4 APC prop in the nose. I have run the combo in other planes with no problem, so I was confused. I did replace the O ring on the carburator. Also, when I was rebuilding the fuse, I noticed that the tank sits really low in the fuse. Since the motor is upright, the carb sits almost at the top of the tank. When I put the tank in this time, I put it in upside down with a lot of foam under the tank to keep it up against the top of the fuse. I needed to invert the tank because the stopper is offset. Now the stopper is toword the bottom of the tank, and it still lines up neatly with the hole in the fuse. I flew it yesterday and it flew great. Like no1speshal said, it needs some color on the top or bottom for orientation. The Norvel didn't have much in the vertical department, but it did drag it around well for most anything else you want to do. It was supprisingly fast, I figured with the thick wings it would just drag around slowly. Rolls where very fast and the tail has tons of authority. Too much in fact, I didn't set up any low rates on my radio and that caused me to stall the landing a little. Not much damage, but I need to repair a couple of breaks in the fuse.