RCU Forums - View Single Post - Public questions for Marc
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2004, 11:35 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Public questions for Marc

okay I just caught this now.

First let me say thank you for the well thought out post. Unfortunately not many took the time to write intelligently as you did. Many (more than 5) decided it was better to launch personal attacks and spam many threads and create new threads which were disruptive. During this period I was forced to at least temporarily shut down a few threads and move a couple as well offline for now. Yes a few bad apples did cause a lot of this but when guys are posting nasty stuff my action is to lock or remove first and ask questions later. I'd rather not risk a member or kid seeing some of the stuff I had to read.

Already I have put the mojo thread back into the product & announcement forum. Technically that is where it should have been moved in the first place but it was my own fault for not putting it there and placing it offline until things were sorted out. Water under the bridge now.

All the posts from the PB forum are in the main parent fun flying/profile forum now except for the few that I moved offline. Some of those will be restored where they had to do with RC after I cleanup the mess in them. Others were junk from the get go and will be permanently deleted as I'm sure anybody would not object if they read them.

I don't have a problem with clubs or groups. RCU doesn't have a problem with them either. However we no longer wish to maintain a dedicated forum for a "named" special interest group. If any modeler wants to discuss certain types of products they can do it in our forums. IF they want to discuss clubs or groups they can also do it in the appropriate forums. However maintaining a specific forum for a single group "in name" is not something we will be doing again anytime soon.

Last the reason we censor out the word you realize now is censored is because that site contains material unsuitable for minors (i.e. nudity, explicit images). RCU rules state no links to sites which contain such material will be allowed and we have a zero tolerance policy on this. Should that site remove such content completely the ** censor will be removed. It was brought to my attention that such material existed on that site within 24 hours of the "blow up" and that was when it became censored. I'm sure you will understand why we do this of course.