RCU Forums - View Single Post - OMP Hybrid "My Build"
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2004, 08:05 AM
Crash90
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OMP Hybrid "My Build"

WOW GarySS. That's a tall order as many of my decisions have not been made yet.
I am strugling with a few options.
The wing loading on this bird is so low that I am not convinced that I need to worry about the weight. Lets face it.
However, Here are my thoughts.
For servos, I will be using Hitec all around. I have already got 5 5925s and 2 5945s lying in the shop.
I already have H9 control horns and heavy duty linkages.
For batteries I might give the lithiums a try. Not sure yet.
Futaba PCM Rx.

The big choice is the engine as it will determine how much "bashing" I have to do to the kit. I am trying to contact BME to see if Keith has any prediction on the release of the 55Xtreme. If he guarantees me that it will be avaliable before spring then I will place my order. The 55Xtreme would force me to reconfigure the servo layout on the Hybrid. I would definately need a pull pull on the rudder and possibly on the elev. I know that these planes are notorious for being on the tail heavy side. I believe that Mike said that the DA50 on a can required that all batteries be shifted up front for balancing.

So in conclusion. If I can get my hands on the 55Xtreme then this will turn into a "How light can I make it" project.
If I have to settle for the DA50 then I will probably just build it by the book and use CF where necessary to achieve the 16lb mark.

Redundancy will be implimented. Probably just a simple 2 batteries 2 switches 1 Rx.

That's as much detail as I can offer at this point. More descriptive decisions will be made after talking to BME. I have been unsuccessful trying to contact them at this point.