RCU Forums - View Single Post - My Werks P2 Experience. NOT GOOD
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004, 02:08 PM
windsurfnut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Werks P2 Experience. NOT GOOD

Ok, it's finally time to post this experience.
I bought a P2 .21 off ebay from Larry's RC in January of this year.
When I received the engine it would not run, fuel leaking out from the bearings, enging would die, experienced hobby shop could not get it running, multiple problems.
Contacted Larry @ Larry's RC. No interest in helping me, deal with Werks.
So I wrote to Werks Racing and was told to send my engine down to them. So far, I'm not pissed off yet, I can understand a defective engine.
I had the engine shipped back to where I was on Vacation (Now April). When I received it, it was in BAD condition. The engine left me brand new, and came back so beat up (cooling head) that I did not recognize it (have pics) as well as parts missing (carb bolts and header gasket)
Called Werks again....don't beleive me, finally after lots of arguements, a new engine was to be sent after I returned the one I received.
Now here is where I made my mistake, I couldn't get time to send the engine back for about 3 weeks, as I was on vacation as well as trying to catch up when I got back.
So I sent it down and never heard a thing back. Talked to Ron (Werks Racing) in June, July, and August. Every time I emailed or left a message, no response. I had to chase him. Answer was always not in stock.
Now it's September 1st, 9 months after my inital order and I still have no engine. I'm still chasing this problem!
I can't believe this. My T-MAXX has sat on the shelf for over 9 months!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope this makes it's way around and people can see the support that is offered.
I'll be sure to post the result if I ever get my engine back.
Jeff