RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hello I am WH
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004, 10:55 PM
TripleDeucer
My Feedback: (129)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hello I am WH

Bill, I also remember all of what your talking about. I started out with a DuBro 505 that had a K&B 40 on top of the head. Always had lots of onlookers to witness never getting more than 6" off the ground just before the crash. Then moved on to the DuBro Shark with the O&R. Still no luck so I got a DuBro TriStar. This one was supposed to be the real flyer, but not for me. Then I bit the bullet and bought a Kavan Jet Ranger. I was able to hover that one a bit before selling it to buy a GMP Cricket. I finally had a machine that I wasn't scared to start trying more things and learned to fly with it and a couple more after. The rest of course was a followup of Competitors, Cobra's, and Legends in the GMP line.
I remember driving 200 miles to see a guy hover a homemade Polecat. Was pretty cool to actually see someone hover a helicopter.
Did lots of Fun Fly's here in the Northwest in the 80's and 90's. Also attended 9 of the Merced Fun Fly's in California. Man, did I spend some money!
I still have a dozen or so heli's around here someplace. Am currently flying a MA Xcell Pro.

TME