RCU Forums - View Single Post - Electric Pods Now Or Time Warp
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2001, 06:33 AM
R. Carver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric Pods Now Or Time Warp

Bob (and anyone else flying a GL),
Try reducing the washout to 1/8", and put a 1/8" shim under the trailing edge between the fuse and wing. See how you like that, let me know...

One other thing must be kept in mind when "comparing" different planes performance.... How it is set up and trimmed!! A well trimmed plane will always fly better than a poorly trimmed one. If Joe Novice builds his first kit, say a GL , with no help from Bob Expert, who is coincidentally building a GL too, who's plane do you think will fly better? That's why I always tell people to go check out the local club. I remember the first time I went, the club president gave my plane(Riser 100) a launch. He quickly landed and told me to move the towhook back a little. Now, I had always been pretty happy with the way it went up, but boy did he open my eyes! My plane now launched almost straight up! And that was just the beginning...
But I digress
The lighter wing loading is ALWAYS better, with certain exclusions. Better to be too light than too heavy. The trick is PROPER TRIMMING.