RCU Forums - View Single Post - OMP Hybrid "My Build"
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2004, 12:04 AM
Crash90
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OMP Hybrid "My Build"

Finally some pics. In pic 1 you can see both fuse sides built. Side 1 has the fuse dubler installed per the plans.
In pic 2 I have both fuse sides clamped together and I sanded the hole for the wing tube through both sides at the same time. I also driled the hole for the wing bolt.

I then used those holes as reference points to glue in place the fuse dubler on side 2 remembering to make a right and a left side. Tomorrow night I will begin installing the braces.

My wing tube outer tube (cant think of the name) doesn't fit through the holes in the doubler. Checked the ribs and it doesn't fit there either. I was going to enlarge the holes but I think I remember in the GS540 build thread that the outer tube comes with the CF tubes has slightly thinner walls. I think I will order one and use it instead. This was mentioned in the instructions that there may have been an error in the laser cut on a few of the first runs. No biggie.

Flatspin. Why not just trace the ribs onto something? Heck, you can trace them onto a piece of posterboard and cut them out as templates in case you need them.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31481.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	172347   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg16507.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	172348