RCU Forums - View Single Post - NEW KYOSHO CALIBER M24 MINI EP HELI?
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2004, 05:56 PM
tinderbox883

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW KYOSHO CALIBER M24 MINI EP HELI?

I have been getting the royal run around from anyone that sells the main unit about replacement parts. The are few that list some spare parts, but only a couple list the batteries and motors as "Discontinued". The manual lists a "quick charge battery and charger" but that has beeen dicontinued also.

When I first got my bird it would lift off the ground, but was hard to control. After enough crashes to go through several pinion gears it now will not liff off either. The book sayes that it is either the battery pack or the motor being worn out. Your suggestion about the controler being the problem could also be right. In either case the motor or controler are not available.

I have had a few suggestions about using a different brushless motor with a matching Li-poly battery pack (and charger) but they also suggest swaping out the controler. The prices of that mod equels or passes buying another RTF helo.

I keep getting the answer that the heli is too new and parts are not yet flowing. So some time in mid October I will check my sources again. (The most reliable right now is Tower Hobbies).

I also have a Honey Bee from Hobby Lobby and there is no problem getting parts there. The Honey bee likes to go through tail rotors and not pinon gears. Probably because the pinion gear on that bird is made out of brass. Was able to get swash plates, extra flying time batteries and charger with no problem.

If anyone finds a good (stocked) source for the Kyosho Caliber M24 parts please let me know.