RCU Forums - View Single Post - News Flash-.40 ARF F-20 Returns
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2002, 02:06 AM
Flyboy Dave
My Feedback: (21)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default God bless the .60 FSR...

I'm with you, ozcan....I love 'em too....
I have a "brand new" one I put up this year in a (get this) Super Kaos....had to....couldn't help it....been sittin' on the engine, and the kit for about 20 years...

I just rebuilt my old one....that I got slightly used in the late '70's. I ran it continuosly for 15 years. It had NO COMPRESSION at the end....but started and ran fine ! I put a Tatone muffler on it a while back....and the darn thing would still pull my old scratch-built stick straight up !!!
I got a new cylinder liner, and piston from a fella in Canada, also a gasket set. Got a new ring from Tower. The rod was in perfect shape....NO PLAY ! I got some new bearings for it locally...some crazy 25-30 thousand RPM rated bearings for reasonable $.
(BTW....if you ever need any bearings...let me know....these guys have a store in So. Cal. that spec. in small precision high speed brgs.)

Here's the new "oldie"...reborn...and ready to kick some more modern " booty". It's going in a Killer Kaos that I'll build this winter....(I have the long tuned pipe for it). I pulled the rear pump off...never used it anyway, cause of the Perry Carb Fiasco...
( gonna skinny up the fuse about 1/2 inch....and "de-fatten" the wing about 3/8 inch...don't tell anyone ). heh heh heh
Dave.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	21019_5977.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	12516