RCU Forums - View Single Post - JR XF421 pleas help im running out of places to go
Old 09-13-2004, 08:06 PM
a65l
My Feedback: (17)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: JR XF421 pleas help im running out of places to go

JR's customer service is pretty good, but it's been two years and while they'd fix it I don't think it would be a freebie.
I would say the battery expired but you did replace it. Are you sure you're getting a good full charge out of your wall charger? It's possible it went south and you're not getting a full charge in your battery. Lousy flying field you're going to, one of the real basic concepts in this hobby is helping out the new guy. I realize TX is a big place but you mightr want to look around for another field. But as far as your radio... if you don't mind spending a few more dollars, take the wall charger up to your local Radio Shack and match it up (voltage and mAh output, as well as plug polarity, they'll be able to help) with a new charger, and see if that helps. I have to keep on badmouthing your local facilities, but your LHS should have offered to cycle your battery see if it would take a full charge. They really sound like they're independently wealthy and don't need your money. It's guys like that that keep Tower in buisness.

Sorry for the rant. more concise: check charger before sending radio off to JR.

Andy