RCU Forums - View Single Post - OMP Hybrid "My Build"
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2004, 07:56 AM
Crash90
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OMP Hybrid "My Build"

OK. As construction progresses a few decisions have to be made. I was hoping to install a BME55 Xtreme to cut another pound from the plane. To do this I would have to install a pull pull on each elevator. In my Sukhoi this was an easy task as there was plenty of room inside the fuse. With the Hybrid, that is not the case. The only way that I can see to install pull pull would be to mount the elev servos externally and run the cables along the outside of the fuse. This would not be very attractive. It would also force me to keep the elev servos back behind the ailerons which means that I could only move the servos forward maybe 12 inches or so. I don't think it's worth it. So, unless somebody can come up with a better idea, I will be building this bird stock with the DA50. No CF anywhere. I will post in the kit building section to get opinions on linking the elev halves together and operating them with a single servo. This would allow me to mount the servo up inside the fuse where I could benefit.

Last night I finished installing the 1/4 balsa bracing on the second fuse side. Tonight I will clamp both sides together and do a final sanding on them to make sure they are identical. I will also begin installing the servo mounts along with some other small pieces. Pics will follow.

Edited to let you know that I have figured out the pull pull. i'm back in business. I will post pics when I get that far.