RCU Forums - View Single Post - Remember This Crash?
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2004, 02:11 AM
GPitts
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Remember This Crash?

Hey,

I also have a Superstar from my friend that he crashed yesterday and I got it fixed in a day.

By the looks of the crash it looked real bad. The plane did a spiral on the approach and hit the left wing tip first then the nose! My friend tried to land but he made a real steep bank and when he tried to correct it he applied the wrong aileron![X(]....So the plane spiraled down onto the earth..very common mistake that I usually see from beginners.

On the way to the crash site we all thought it was going to be in pieces, but guess what, the plane was intact!...even the wing didnt come off....well it should have come off..would have been much better for the wing and less damage but that wasnt the case. The rubber bands sliced through wing and through the front window...left wing tip was crushed...firewall just hanging by the pushorods...and the fuselage broke just below the wing dowels...and also the wing was split in two....it almost spit right at the middle but the left main rib cracked....all servos survived plus the engine with no damage.

I wish I can show some before and after pics but I've already finished building liek I said so Im probably going to post up the finish pictures...It really looked like nothing happened to the plane. Ha!...I cant wait to see my firend's reaction when he sees that his plane looks normal!...all i needed was several inches of balsa...epoxy...CA...and a wood filler. Also some red and yellow trim sheets to match the monokote and the plane was done. I thought it was going to take me a week but only took me several hours...

I will take some snapshots now ans show you guys...

-Paul