RCU Forums - View Single Post - Club rules
Thread: Club rules
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2004, 07:57 AM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Club rules

Well if I had to guess, that rule came out of toomany pilots doing 3D hovering right in everybodys way. About 5 years ago before 3D became popular. I/We developed basic flying rules for the field. Since it is owned and maintained by the City I submitted them for approval. Then they made up nice big signs and were posted.
Now Iam sure we have a substantial more amount of pilots flying here on a regular basis than you do and for the most part the rules are followed. These are basic flying rules which places blame where it belongs

1.Active runway is for takeoffs & Landings

2.Fly By's and Touch & Go's permitted

3.No Aerobatics over the Active Runway

4. No Hovering/Hanging over the Runway

5. No Figure 8 Patterns

6. Call Takeoffs and Landings

7. Deadsticks Pilots have right of way.

8. Fly the pattern

Now to explain----These rules are to mainly protect the Runway area. Does not mean you have to fly around in circles all day. It means if you want to fly 3D, take it out a little ways and not be fooling around over the runway. Usually between the runway and a typical downwind leg area.

Helicopters go by the rules too. You want to hover right in the middle of everybodys way. Then your at fault and held responsible for the plane that hits your helicopter. Go hover somepace else.

If I flyby over the runway and nail somebody hanging on the prop, he owes me a new plane.

I'm sure the club means well, just not thought out well.