RCU Forums - View Single Post - KMP Hurricane in detail
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2004, 02:52 PM
Check6
My Feedback: (427)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: KMP Hurricane in detail

Hi Craig,
I have installed Hitec 605's on the elevator and rudder, and JR 537 BB on flaps and ailerons, only because I had these looking for a home. I don't think you would have any problem with standard servos. I have added gun stains and exhaust stains. You will definitely need an air brush or small touch up gun to do this properly. They look awesome!! Remember not to go overboard you just want a subtle look. There are many ways to do wing walks, here is mine.
Lay out your wing walk on the wing, paint with a heavy wet coat of flat black, then get out your salt shaker and season to your liking. LOL seriously this makes great wing walks with that abrasive look that's painted on, no more glued on pieces of sandpaper. If you have a larger scale plane, 1/5 th or 1/4 , use pepper the grains are a little larger. Try it you'll like it.
Another hint for making flush mounted machine guns, is to use eyelets. These are metal and rounded in the front. They are used in shoes and and sneakers for shoelaces. I use flat polyurethane over the decals, it works well. For scuff marks, dip your finger in silver, small amount and rub it into the paint. Remeber to understate this. Hope to have pictures tomorrow
Hope this helps,
Fred