RCU Forums - View Single Post - Who makes the best batteries ?
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2004, 05:52 PM
WilsonFlyer
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Who makes the best batteries ?

ORIGINAL: shaun russell

Thanks for all the help so far!!!
I'm now using a 4.8v 600mha battery, with standard servos. I can get 4-5 flights out of that set-up with out any worrys.
But on the model that I'm building now I will be using five hitec hs635hb "High Torque servos", plus one std servo for the throttle.
I'm thinking about going to 6volt battery to get more torque/speed.
Is my flying time going to be shortened? Will I still be able to get 4 or 5 flights in ?
Thanks again
Shaun
Hi shaun.

It's hard to say exactly what your needs are w/o knowing exactly what the draw from your new setup will be. I would think you would be very happy with a 1700-2100 NiMH pack (6v) from Steve at www.hangtimes.com . I have had wonderful success with his packs in my giant planes. I use mostly 2400's+ but it depends on your flying style, draw of your servos, digital v. analog servos and lots of other variables to determine exactly what you need. You've never said exactly which plane you're putting this all in that I can recall. Are you planning on flying sport, IMAC or 3D? Use the biggest pack you can afford the weight of or better yet; TWO packs in tandem for redundancy. Two 1700's should suit just about anybody's needs for anything.