RCU Forums - View Single Post - Westbury Hunter Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2004, 09:11 PM
JSF-TC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 134 Likes on 78 Posts
Default Westbury Hunter Build Thread

I've had this Westbury Hunter kit from Andy Sheldon of JetLine Models (www.jetlinemodels.co.uk) for a couple of years now, and I thought it was time to start building it. I thought people might be interested in it as a comparison to the larger Mick Reeves Hunter that Gordon Mc is building.

I've had it stored in the UK since I bought it as Andy said it was too long to ship to the US. I ended up paying excess baggage on American Airlines (<$100) to bring it back with me from a trip back (to my real) home. The nose suffered a little damage in transit but easily repaired.

The fuselage is 75" long, and nicely molded in epoxy glass with a lot of carbon reinforcement, especially around the wing center section. Some light panel lines are molded into the forward fuselage. The engine hatch is just cut out of the fusleage so I have to add a frame to it. The engine (putting a P-80 in it) is fully ducted and a single walled pipe is included. The flying surfaces are obechi covered white foam with carbon reinforcement. They look and feel strong.

A nice set of near-scale retracts and wheels are made by Unitracts. The brakes are pad type that push against the outside face of the wheel hub, unlike most o-ring type brake units.

Some pictures attached.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61131.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	175679   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69887.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	175680   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu52360.jpg
Views:	41