RCU Forums - View Single Post - My Werks P2 Experience. NOT GOOD
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2004, 09:27 AM
fhm101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My Werks P2 Experience. NOT GOOD

ORIGINAL: binaryterror
Also you should know alot of manufacturers are limiting their warranty work to having an actual receipt from a hobby store...buying on ebay is soon going to mean buying sans warranty.
While a manufacturer extending a warranty only to the original retail purchaser is nothing new, if the ebay seller is a legit retailer the manufacturer would be asking for trouble to refuse a warranty claim based on the method of sale. A bonified retailer selling on ebay would be no different than the same retailer selling via a web site or doing mail order over the phone. I've made more than a few purchases from ebay retailers and have always received a purchase receipt. I would not hesitate to submit a defective item purchased from a retailer on ebay with full confidence that any warranty would be honered. Of course if you buy from an individual on ebay and a manufacturer specifies they will only warranty to the original retail purchaser you may be up the creek, but that's always been the case when buying from individuals.