RCU Forums - View Single Post - Subaru Impreza WRC 1/10 Bycmo
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2004, 04:11 PM
john j m

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Subaru Impreza WRC 1/10 Bycmo

Hi Karl
Good to find someone interested in my problems, yes you are right it is a brilliant marketing concept or maybe confidence trick it depends on how you look at it. Agostini operate by taking out television advertising the advertising stated and I quote “Build and drive a real champion rally car with components of the highest quality a spectacular electric rally car The Subaru Impreza WRC”
The components for the car were posted to me in 45 instalments together with a basic instructional magazine the total cost amounted to £225 Stirling, a battery and charger I purchased separately, so as you can see this was not a low cost venture.
The car started to disintegrate almost as soon as I started to use it., by now I had started to subscribe to Radio Control Racer Magazine and had also attended several meeting at the local model car club circuit, I soon realised what dated design my car was, I feel perhaps that Agostini had purchased a job lot of end of the line obsolete models and unloaded them on an unsuspecting public.
It has all been a steep learning curve to me I can tell you, and one more thing my next car will be a KYSHO..LOSI..SCHUMACHER..TAMIYA…. Anything but a BYCMO