RCU Forums - View Single Post - GP 1/3 Pitts arf
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2004, 11:45 PM
bigbird3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GP 1/3 Pitts arf

Dave G, You say that the flying wires are junk in the kit. I have used them and they look pretty good to me. And while we are on the subject of 'functional-V-non functional, even though many have successfully flown without them, why not add the added support they offer just in case. Now I have argued this point with a few others and they think it makes no difference. One day someones Pitts is going to be headed for the ground fast and low and they are going to have to dump the elevator to save it. It could make the difference between snapping the wings or not. Many of you say that the wires have nothing to do with keeping the wings on but rest assured, they have everything to do with keeping them from breaking! Support! Right Navy? At least until you exceed the capasity they provide.
Here are some pix of my flying wires. bird.
By the way Listed, That model looks nice next to the full size. Do you have the full size available to measure the prop? I have a 24" on mine. It looks scale to me. Perhaps it is a little too big. I might get the same look with a 22" and more RPM's. What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz76906.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	180421   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jf11586.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	180422   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd82870.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	47.4 KB