RCU Forums - View Single Post - Finally!! 8U/9C synthetic module due out..
Old 10-09-2004, 01:04 AM
hydro_gin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Finally!! 8U/9C synthetic module due out..

ORIGINAL: rsallen13

The problem is not with the Futaba module becasue ...
Read my original post again. I never said or implied there is or will be a problem with any Futaba module.

The one and only point of my original post is ... I am trying to point out to potential buyers of the upcoming 9C synth module that if they have DSP-based receivers, they would be wise to check with Futaba and make sure there will be no compatibility issues prior to making the purchase.

Now, if you don't want to take this attempt at being a good samaritan at face value, then you're probably not satisfied and should read on.

What is the basis for my friendly warning? You can read more about the background of the issue here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...15#post2640815

This post summarizes a number of messages posted by Peter Berg (of Berg receivers) and others describing what he calls a Futaba Tx bug. Also described is the work one engineer did to determine the cause of his 8U's transmission of a non-standard PPM pattern when used with a Spectra synth module. What might be interesting to you is that Berg mentions in one of his latter posts that Futaba has released a "fix" (that he hasn't tried yet) for the Tx w. synth problem. Hmmm, now why would Futaba issue a fix if there wasn't a bug in the first place?

Lance